Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TRANSFERRING

I heard the other day on the news, that the Bush administration has set up "transfer of power" teams for both Obama and McCain. I guess that's necessary to make the transition from one administration to another take place without a disruption in power or services. I guess that's good news.

But, I heard about another transfer that sounds so much better. And, actually really means something.

The verse in 1 Peter 5:6-7 says,

"Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
that He may exalt you in due time,
casting all your care upon Him,

for He cares for you."

The phrase, "casting all your care upon Him," means "transfer your burdens to Him."

I don't know about you, but mine are heavy. And they seem to get heavier every minute I carry them. Maybe they just seem heavier because the carrying them around just wears me out.

If I were carrying something really heavy and I was about to drop it, and someone strong and dependable came along and ask to carry it, I do believe I would say, sure.

So what's the problem? Why am I still carrying it? Why haven't I transferred it all to Him? And, why in the world, when I have let Him carry the burdens and He has proven Himself so faithful, do I take them back and put them on my back?

Besides the fact that I am the slowest learner in the world, and the most stubborn.

I'm going to look for the answer to that question today.

Are you carrying anything around today that's wearing you down? Have you loaded down your back when you didn't have to?

Let's don't let the president be the only one that is thinking about doing some transferring!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding us that God is there to take our burdens if we will just give them to HIM. LOVE YOU MaryLois

    ReplyDelete