Sunday, March 8, 2009

HE COULD HARDLY WAIT

This morning I woke up and looked at the clock. It was 5:30. As I asked God to please help me go back to sleep, I reminded Him that the time had changed and it was really just 4:30. I love getting up early to have some time to myself but 4:30 was pushing it. I'd be worn out by the time we made it to church.

I finally gave it up and got out of bed. I was not real thrilled about being up so early and to be honest, I think I was dealing with a little resentment and attitude. Sitting on the couch with coffee in hand, I opened my Daily Light to March 8.

As I started to read, I knew why I needed to get up so early. God had something He couldn't wait to tell me. This is what I read . . .

You have cast all my sins behind your back.

Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love. He will again have compassion on us; he will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.
"For a brief moment I deserted you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing anger for a moment I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you," says the Lord, your Redeemer-"I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.-The blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
Isa.38:17. Mic.7:18,19. Isa.54:7,8. Jer.31:34. Ps.32:1,2. 1John1:7

When I read it I just smiled. I thought about Him and how excited He must have been to know what was waiting for me. How excited He was to remind me that it's done. I'm forgiven.

I also thought about how hard it's always been for me to keep surprises from my boys. It never did me any good to shop early for birthdays or Christmas presents because I couldn't stand the waiting. I'd give it to them early and have to go out and buy more gifts so they would have surprises.

And to think how puny my gifts have been in comparison to His. Gifts that have been forgotten, broken and given away. Gifts that were seasonal, faddish and were meant to be outgrown. But God's gift is eternal. It's forever and ever.

His gift is Jesus.

I think He's been excited knowing you would check my blog today. He's been waiting to remind you too . . . that it's done. By trusting in Him, you're forgiven. Forgiven for all of it.

And you know what? I bet He could hardly wait!


1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed your update but it doesn't matter because it still reminded me today(a few days late)that I am forgiven. Love you. Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete