Saturday, January 29, 2011

IN THE SMALL

I pull back the curtain to let the morning in, and I see the canopy God gives for our house to sleep under, and I am reminded that everything great starts small.


The body, the branching out, the reaching to the sky. It all started small and I wonder why I always want the big and the more and the right now.

 
The trees had to wait to cover, to shade, and to touch the sky. But I don't wait well, and I want to do now.

And He still says to wait.

 
And I ask how.

How do I wait?

And He answers me and He says, "Cheri, wait in the small."


To wait, in . . .

a small thank-you

a small turning of the other cheek

a small kiss on the forehead

a small yes

a small grace filled word 

a small whispered prayer

a small doing before the asking

a small touch of the hand or pat on the back

a small amount of looking for the good instead of the bad

a small amount of looking up and out instead of down and in...


It all starts in the small.












"I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill His purpose for me."
Psalm 57:2



No comments:

Post a Comment