Friday, March 18, 2011

A GIFT?


It's a gift we don't want.

A gift we want to return.

We've been given it too many times.



We cry out for God to take it away.

We argue, "If You really loved us . . ."

But deep down inside we know. We know this gift, the one we don't want, is wrapped in His love.

He has given us the gift of loneliness.


". . . there is a . . . loneliness. God is calling you to deep, personal intimacy, an intimacy that is wonderful and very demanding. God asks you to let go of many things . . you must live it with trust, standing tall.  You must try to say, 'Yes, I am lonely, but this particular loneliness sets me on the road to intimacy with God.' "

Henri Nouwen
from From Here to Love



 
"You are My witnesses," declares the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me no God was formed, nor will there be one after Me."   Isaiah 43:10


No comments:

Post a Comment