Thursday, September 20, 2012

DIRTY LENS AND NEW MERCIES



We went down to the beach to see the effects of Hurricane Isaac as it passed by our area.


Jim handed me our camera and pointed to the screen.


"This is the picture I took before I cleaned the salt spray off the lens."





He pointed again and said, "And this is the picture after."





And I'm thinking, "I have my own salt spray."



I begin each day with new mercies.

As God has promised.

I read His word, and it is Light to me, and I know He is The Way.


But throughout the day, as I take pictures and videos in my mind of the life He has given me, my lens become foggy and salt-covered.

Through dirty lens, His Light begins to fade and His ways are overcome by my ways and they are not high and they are not good. My ways are low ways and they never prosper me or the people I love.

My salt spray comes out of a sin-broken heart. Not from The One who came to heal it and make it whole.




His mercies that I began the day with are there.

His love.

His compassion.

His forgiveness and faithfulness.

His peace and provision.


They are still with me.

But the salt spray of my heart and mind has dimmed my sight.

I try to make sure He is the center of the picture.

 My "camera" seems to be on the right setting, but I can't see.

The salt spray burns my eyes and also my soul.

At the end of the day I am weary.

The stress of squinting my eyes, of trying to find my focus, has worn me out.


 I cry to Him to focus me. To let me see Him clearly again.

I ask Him once again to be my center.

I confess my willingness to walk around half-blind.


And I hear Him say to me what I've heard Him say over and over again.

"Trust me Cheri. Just trust me.  My mercies will be new in the morning."



"The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is His faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh each morning."
Lamentations 3:22-23







No comments:

Post a Comment