Saturday, April 19, 2008

Why?

Why blog?

Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.

Psalms 40:5


Oh, give thanks to the Lord!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of His wondrous works!

1 Chronicles 16:8-9


....that all the peoples of the earth may know the hand of the Lord, that it is mighty, that you may fear the Lord your God forever.

Joshua 4:24


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our tribulation,
that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble,
with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4


And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony,
and they did not love their lives to the death.

Revelation 12:11


Why the name?

Every now and then, God gives us a wonderful gift through words spoken by a friend or by an author of a book we are reading. The following passage is one of those gifts. God has used it to remind me to recall and to share all the amazing things He has done in my life and the life of my family.

"Like faith and hope, trust cannot be self-generated. I cannot simply will myself to trust. What outrageous irony: the one thing that I am responsible for through-out my life I cannot generate. The one thing I need to do I cannot do. But such is the meaning of radical dependence. It consists in theological virtues, in divinely ordained gifts. Why reproach myself for my lack of trust? Why waste my time beating myself up for something I cannot affect? What does lie within my power is paying attention to the faithfulness of Jesus. That's what I am asked to do: pay attention to Jesus throughout my journey, remembering his kindness (Psalms 103:2)."

Brennan Manning
Ruthless Trust


Why now?

Four years ago today, our son awoke from his coma. After the diagnoses from four neurologists that he would never wake up; after four and ½ months of him being totally unresponsive to light, sound, and pain; and, after more tears cried than you can ever imagine, God did a most amazing and wonderful work. However, the journey that I will be sharing on this blog, didn’t start that day. It started on December 7, 2003 when this prodigal daughter turned her face toward home.

When God puts a new song in your heart, you just have to sing. And it’s time to sing!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I stayed up until right before you posted last night. Waiting and waiting. I realized this AM that I had put in the wrong Blog address. The first thing this morning I checked and there was your Email. I just had the wrong address. It works perfectly with the right address. It was worth waiting for. I love it and you. MaryLois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful you are going to share your story. Your story (what has been shared with me thus far) has changed my life forever and I know there is so much more to come. I love you. Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready to hear the song in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented this morning. The picture is awesome and I am so anxious to read your blogs. I know they will inspire and may be the beginning of your book. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete