Sunday, January 4, 2009

ISAIAH 43:18-19

Beth Moore put out an invitation on her blog for women from around the country (actually from around the world) to join her in memorizing two scriptures a month. You could sign up if you were interested and then on the first of January she asked everyone to post the verse they felt like God had given to them to memorize.

Almost 3,500 women sign up to participate and almost 3,000 of them have posted their verse.

I wasn't one of them.

I had this idea that I didn't need to participate. I could do it by myself. (But would I?)

And then today in church, I kept thinking about a verse and remembered her invitation and I knew God was prompting me to make a commitment. Not to Beth Moore but to Him. One passage every two weeks.

On the 15th, we will post our next verse on Beth's blog.

It isn't too late to participate. Just go to http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/12/anybody-game.html and sign up.

To post your verse go to http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/12/1st-15-siesta-scripture-memory-team.html It's so neat to read all the different verses...knowing each one has been picked out by God Himself for each of us.

My verse is Isaiah 43: 18-19:

"Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert."

And I'm counting on it.

New things.

A road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert!

1 comment:

  1. I am hanging on to this very verse right now too! I know god is making a way in this difficult time..a new thing is springing forth!

    ReplyDelete